Without Congressional action, the nine health care reforms listed below could disappear under a new administration.
- Access to virtual medicine, including doctor consultations by phone, Zoom, and Skype.
- Employer-funded accounts to pay for round-the-clock primary care.
- Health Savings Accounts for chronically ill patients to manage their own care.
- Better opportunities for Medicare plans to specialize and become centers of excellence in the treatment of chronic conditions.
- Insurance tailored to individuals and families through the “short-term” insurance market.
- Mandate posted prices so patients can know what they will be charged in advance of treatment.
- Waivers so states can care for high-cost patients while lowering premiums for everyone.
- Employer-provided personal and portable health insurance that travels with the employee from job to job.